I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I have a busy weekend planned to celebrate my cousins 30th which I can not quite believe he is 30 now. It’s funny just how quickly life actually goes. I thought today I would do something a little different for this blog. I recently maybe around a month ago bought a new foundation and concealer because I am an awful person and love to switch up my base makeup quite a lot. After hearing some mixed reviews and reading an Instagram post by Danielle Peazer I thought I would give the Revlon Candid collection a try.
I picked up a foundation, concealer and also their loose powder. On first impressions, I love the fact that the foundation and concealer are not packaged in hard bottles but almost squeezy tubes. I think it makes it a lot more simple to make sure you get the most out of the product. The packaging design itself is simple but I feel like it works well for the branding.
PhotoReady Candid™ Foundation
- it’s made with antioxidants, anti-pollutants, and anti-blue light ingredients (I just think it is so impressive the things you can do with makeup. Living in London a foundation like this is an amazing thing.)
- it’s infused with green tea, vitamin E and aloe (It is a hydrating foundation, it does not feel drying on the skin but also does not leave you with an oily finish)
- it’s made without parabens, phthalates, artificial fragrance, artificial dyes, and oils (YAY SCIENCE)
- it’s creamy, buildable, blendable, and natural looking (Since purchasing it has become my go-to for every day)
PhotoReady Candid™ Antioxidant Concealer
- it has caffeine for puffiness and dark circles (and let’s be honest as a student lack of sleep is very real.)
- the applicator is a perfect size and I love doe-foot wand (quick & easy application it also does not distribute a huge amount of product so you don’t use a lot)
- it’s a natural finish/medium coverage (which I love but it is definitely buildable for the days you want a little more coverage.)
PhotoReady Candid™ Anti-pollution Setting Powder
- It has the same antioxidant, anti-pollutant properties as the concealer and foundation. (yay)
- It has no oils, phthalates, synthetic dyes and fragrances (Again YAY for Science)
- It provides Light-weight, airbrushed finish for a blurring effect (no cakey results here!)
- It comes in a universal translucent shade that is non-whitening, non-chalky (love, love, love)
My opinion of this collection after using it for around a month I love how lightweight the formula is, it gives a natural finish which is buildable for the days when you want a little bit more coverage. It lasts well on the skin and even on the days when it has been so hot, there was no movement from this foundation. (Which is a major plus). I always use a damp beauty blender for my foundation and concealer, this method works well with this collection but I do feel leaves you with medium coverage. This is definitely my favourite base collection from Revlon.
Have you tried this collection yet? What did you think?