So today this is going to be something really different for me, I never do Q and A’s but I had the honour of being nominated to do this challenge by Jordyn from The Chronically Unimaginable blog. The challenge is a Vogue Magazine parody that is currently trending in the blogger-sphere right now! I thought as I had a little time this would be a fun thing to do. Let’s get onto answering those questions, shall we? (The rules and my nominations are found below my answers.)
1. What is your usual Starbucks order? Tbh my go-to order is a vanilla latte but during the summer or when I feel I really need it I will have an iced americano with vanilla syrup. (yes I may have a vanilla problem.)
2. What does your work station look like right now? My work station is normally either my bed and let’s be honest most of the time it is a mess! Or I work at my desk in my room that being said that normally has a bunch of stuff on it as well. (as I am writing this for once everything is tidy and organised.)
3. All-time favorite food? My favorite food would have to anything with pasta really. I also really like chicken korma so that is a go-to for me.
4. Favorite Author? My favorite author of all time is a hard question to answer as there are so many authors that I adore. When I was younger I was obsessed with Jacqueline Wilson so she has to be up there on favourite. Now I really like Cecelia Ahern has to be up there as my favourite author.
5. What do you think of open relationships? Like Jordyn, I do not think I would not enter into an open relationship. I need security. However, to each their own.
6. What is your favorite video game? I do not really play video games so I do not have an answer for this one.
7. Guilty Pleasure treat? I have a small unhealthy addiction to Chocolate oranges so I would say that or popcorn. I wonder if as a side note I could include marvel in this.
8. Favorite Movie? Again favourite movie is hard for me because I have a few but I know that if you were to ask anyone who knows me what my favourite movie was they would all say the same thing so I have to go with that. So my favourite film is The Breakfast Club.
9. Favorite book? Again this is hard but a book that I have read recently or within the last year that has become a strong favourite is A Handful of Happiness. I have a post written about why that is my favourite book atm so I have left a link for that for you to check out.
10. Twitter or Instagram? I use both platforms a lot but I tend to find myself scrolling through twitter the most so I would have to say that.
11. Desktop or laptop? Laptop 100% I have not used a desktop for use at home in a long time.
12. Best advice you’ve ever received? The best advice I’ve ever received I guess I did not really receive but it is a quote from my favourite film that says “spend a little more time trying to make something of yourself and a little less time trying impress people.” I think that is some pretty good advice.
13. What project are you working on right now? I guess you could say working on this blog is my current project.
14. Favorite color? Emerald Green
15. Did you get good grades at school? Yes and no. I got some good grades that allowed me to do the course I wanted at college and then go on to uni. I just wish I had gotten better grades in my sciences.
16. Dream job? For a long time I wanted to be a marine biologist but as I said above I was not the best at science. So I guess now my dream job would be something in either PR or Events. The biggest dream I suppose would be to own my own wedding and events planning company.
17. Played any sports? Honestly, me and sports is not something that goes in the same sentence. It got the point where even my P.E teachers would be like nope you can be an umpire or sit out.
18. Do you have a degree? No, but I am currently working towards a BA Hons in Tourism Management.
19. Nationality? I’m from England, so I am British
20. What is your favorite kind of blog post to do? My favorite kind of blog post to do is a book review, because there are so many awesome books that need a little recognition.
21. What do you like to collect? I like to collect books. I used to collect Keyrings but I ended up with so many that when we moved house I had to get rid of some.
22. Describe yourself in three words? Stubborn, bubbly, determined.
23. If you were a rapper what would your rapper name be? Well, I don’t listen to rap music very often so I really do not have an answer for that. If you have any suggestions let me know
24. Who was the last person you DM’d? I messaged my best friend on Facebook Messenger.
25. What is on the top of your wish list right now? I want to be on holiday again, it just gives you different vibes from being at home
26. Sorting house? So I have taken many quizzes for this but I am a Slytherin.
27. How many tattoos do you have? Zero, but I have a few designs I have looked at and a few ideas I want to get. Although I do not want black and white tattoos I would like the watercolour tattoos.
28. What are you most grateful for this year? This year, I am the most grateful for the amazing group of friends I have at uni and My housemates (who are obviously part of the amazing friends but they just see me a lot more). I know I can be highly annoying sometimes and I am just really appreciative of their love and support. I am also grateful for my nephews who are my world.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month? I would have to say it’s the amount of nominations and awards I have received for blogging. Only one has come out so far, but I feel so honored to even be considered by my peers, let alone chosen to get the awards.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today? The best thing that has happened to me today is probably getting to work on this post with a vanilla latte in hand and the rain has stopped.
31. What’s the best thing ever? As cheesy as this will sound Friends and Family are very much the best things ever.
32. Favorite season? This is hard because I am a June baby and love the Summer but I also love Winter and the atmosphere it brings. The Christmas lights and Christmas markets and all things festive make me far too happy.
33. Favorite fictional animal? UNICORNS!!!!!!! I think that is all that needs to be said.
34. What fictional character do you relate to the most? I am not sure I have an answer to this but because I am honestly a little bit too obsessed with him I am going to put Sherlock Holmes.
35. Do you like surprises? I like to know what’s going on so I am not a massive fan of surprises but I like organising them.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had? The biggest surprise I’ve ever had, I suppose was finding out I was going to be an auntie. I have had that surprise five times now and it never stops being the best feeling in the world.
37. What’s the surprise that made you cry? A book that was given to me by one of my best friends because she thought that it was something I should read to put me in a better place. That being said this friend also bought me an Easter Egg and that made me cry so.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given someone? I think the birthday party I organised for my mum probably was one of the best surprises.
39. Do you like muffins? Yes, I love white chocolate and raspberry or blueberry muffins.
40. Do you cook often? Not as much as I would like to.
41. What’s your favorite dessert? Creme Brulee or Cheesecake.
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like? Christmas Pudding. Which for someone who loves Christmas everything is sad.
43. Cake or pie? Cake Definitely preferably in the shape of a unicorn.
44. What’s your least favorite food? Anything too spicy.
45. What’s your favorite condiment? BBQ Sauce or Ketchup
46. It’s 4 A.M. on a Saturday night, what would you eat? If I had popcorn in the house then probably that.
47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called? The importance of a good book
48. Best animated film? I love the Hotel Transylvania films so I would have to say them.
49. What has a guy (or girl) done or said to impress you? An old friend of mine made a playlist on his iPod for us to listen to in our business lessons and it had a mixture of our favourite songs on but he never had to ask what songs I liked.(possibly a coincidence because at the time we liked similar music but it definitely became one of my favourite lessons.)
50. The best thing to do on a date? Truthfully, I have never been on a date, but I think anything that someone has put some thought into, would be amazing. If it was during the winter I would say a Christmas market would be a good date idea.
51. The worst thing to do on a date? Be on your phone. I am the worst for being on my phone a lot but I think in this situation it’s just disrespectful like how are you going to get to know each other.
52. What is the funniest pick-up line a guy/girl could use on a girl/guy? I think the if you were a fruit you would be a Fineapple is one of the best. This could be due to my obsession with Pineapples but still.
53. Best comic book character? Harley Quinn
54. What are three things that are always in your purse? My keys, A book and My Phone.
55. Favorite drink? Non-Alcoholic, I have a small obsession with Orange Juice. Alcoholic – I would say Malibu and Diet Coke.
56. If you could play a historical character who would it be?
57. Kittens or puppies? Both! I refuse to choose.
58. Favorite sushi roll? I’m not a fan of sushi so I will have to pass on this.
59. What kind of lipstick do you use? I tend to go with a nude pink colour day to day but over the fall and Christmas period, I tend to wear my Rimmel 107 Red a lot.
60. What kind of foundation do you use? I switch it up between Rimmel and Revlon. At the moment I have been using the Revlon Candid foundation.
61. Blow dry or air dry? I am really lazy normally when it comes to my hair so I normally let it air dry and then regret it in the morning when it is fluffy and out of control.
62. Who is your fashion icon? This is hard because I do not think I have one but there are definitely people who I wish I could pull off their style so for me it has to be Marylin Monroe and Elizabeth Gillies.
63. Favorite Disney character? Ariel from the little mermaid or Mary Poppins.
64. What are you doing tomorrow? I will be at work during the day and then probably curled up with a book in the evening.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through? Girls Trip or Bad Moms.
66. A movie that made you cry? The Fault in Our Stars not quite as much as the book but was still an emotional wreck.
67. If you could sing a duet with someone who would it be? I would sing with Idina Menzel cause anyone who knows me would tell you my obsession with Elphaba is extreme. Her or Elizabeth Gillies.
68. If your life were a song what would the title be? Nothing wrong with a little drama.
69. Favorite animal? Orcas or Alpacas.
70. Favorite illustrator? Quentin Blake
71. The person you want to have coffee with? I would like to have coffee with my old drama teacher, I think it would be a great opportunity to let her know what an impact she had on my life and the choices I made.
72. What’s the country you wish to visit? A dream destination would be the Maldives
73. Best ways to decompress? I like to read or watch (rewatch) episodes of friends.
For this challenge, you will answer the same questions that I did. You also need to nominate 12 people to complete the challenge as well. Make sure you notify your nominees. Please note that there is no rush to complete this.
- Michelle– mxchelleex
- Kari Watterson-Kari Watterson
- Deanna- Deannareadsbooks
- Allie- Alliereads
- Claire – Chronically Beautiful
- Lauren – Endo Bunny
- Nadine Preuss – The Gift of Life
- Dace Pavlovica – Shift Your Habits
- Leo – The Anxious Teacher
Home of Understanding
A New Dawn
- Ilona Taylor-Conway – Pesky Pelvis
Catch Your Breath 60
- Jen – Jen’s Life
That’s it for this post. Had such a great time answering these questions. I hope you enjoy.