Yesterday was National Poetry Day and I thought it would a good way to celebrate that today with a little post based on the event. Normally, I would not really read a lot of poetry but I have read a little poetry recently and I thought I could create a list of my favourite poetry books and leave my favourite poem below. It’s so easy to read poetry when you only have a few minutes to spare.
Top 5 Poetry Books:
- Milk and Honey- Rupi Kaur
- The Penguin Book of Romantic Poetry- edited by Jonathan and Jessica Wordsworth
- The Bees- Carol Ann Duffy
- Poems to Live Your Life By- chosen and illustrated by Chris Riddell
- DEVOTIONS: COLLECTED POEMS BY MARY OLIVER
My Favourite poem is:
I hope you all get a chance to stop and read some poems on National Poetry Day! I really should start reading more poetry but I always seem to run to a fictional novel rather than poetry! Maybe that will be my goal for this month!
What is your favourite piece of poetry or your favourite poet?