It’s about to get real festive up in here! I hope you are all well and safe! For today’s post, I thought I would keep it simple yet festive with my favourite Christmas films. This was hard to limit them because I could honestly put all Christmas films here because I would honestly go on forever about these. If you know me you know that as soon as Halloween is over I am obsessed with Christmas and Christmas films.
Don’t you think one of the best things ever is being curled up in comfy clothes, with a Hot Chocolate or a cup of tea, a candle burning watching a Christmas film? Me and one of my best friends and old housemates honestly have an obsession with watching themed films together whether it be Christmas or Halloween. Which I must admit I have very much missed this year!
All that being said here’s a list of my favourite Christmas films:
- ELF!!! This is always top of my list, a feel-good family Christmas film that’s not only set in New York but is a Christmas Comedy, Romantic yet a family favourite. Will Ferrel is also a fav! This is a film I will always and forever rant about! Lat year I was lucky enough to see the theatre show of Elf and I felt like a child! It was so magical!
2. A Muppets Christmas Carol- This is a family tradition, this will get watched at least 5 times before Christmas Day and is my mums favourite Christmas film. Let’s be real who doesn’t love The Muppets and Michael Caine telling a Dickens classic.
3. The Holiday- because who doesn’t love a Christmas Rom-Com. I swear it’s every girl’s dream at least once to stay in the little holiday cottage. Okay maybe just me. In all honesty, I have watched this so much this year! If you do not fall in love with Jack Black in this movie!
4. The Grinch- he really does have a heart and watching him find that he can love is worth all the pain of watching him steal Christmas.
5. Home Alone!! – This should be an obvious one but it is such a classic and a family favourite! It is one that you cannot help but watch the moment it is on TV.
6. It’s a wonderful life- it is just a beautiful and classic film. It had to go on the list. I feel like you cannot go wrong with a good classic Christmas movie!
7. Christmas Chronicles – This is a newer film but it is up there with one of my favourite christmas films because the little elves are so freaking cute!
8. Love Actually – Let’s be honest there is something for everyone in Love Actually but we all know the reason it is on my list of favourites is due to my mildly unhealthy obsessions with Mr Hugh Grant. Also the little scene with Ant and Dec.
9. Last Christmas- Again one of the newer Christmas films but most certainly one that tugs on your heart strings! It is however a beautiful film and a brilliant watch!
10. Miracle on 34th Street- All you need to know is that this is an absolute classic and one that never fails to make me feel all fuzzy and warm!
That is it, that is a list of my top 10 favourite Christmas films!
What is your favourite Christmas film? I would love to know! Leave them in the comments.