Christmas songs. Every year, around October, they slowly start to creep on over sound systems as you browse through the clothing racks of your favourite shops. Love them or loathe them, we all have ones that stick out in our mind. AND LET’S BE HONEST WE ALL KNOW I LOVE THEM!
With everything that has happened this year, I’ve been ridiculously festive this year well realistically every year and I annoy everyone by playing Christmas songs before it’s socially acceptable. I am living my best life I don’t even care.
Over time you develop a list of favourites. So here is a list of my top 10 Favourite Christmas songs:
10. Mistletoe – Justin Bieber… That being said Christmas Eve by Justin Bieber is up there with a fav. Mistletoe is just such a feel good Christmas song and very much a song that I can have playing in the background whilst reading a Christmas novel.
9. Fairytale of New York- The Pogues. This is one of my favourites however it is also one my mums least favourite Christmas songs but it is one you cannot help but sing along with.
8. It feels like Christmas- The Muppets Christmas Carol this is a family favourite. I just love this song and especially when it talks about where you find love it feels like Christmas! Again literally could be a soundtrack to another Christmas novel.
7. It’s beginning to look a lot like christmas- Michael Buble
6. When Christmas Comes Around- Matt Terry – Saw him sing this live a few years ago at the Christmas light turn on and I swear I almost cried. This is one of my favourite memories with some of my favourite people and I have so much more love for this song because it brings back the best memories.
5. It’s the most wonderful time of the year- Andy Williams
4. I wish it could be Christmas everyday- Wizzard.
3. Merry Christmas Everyone- Shakin Stevens
2. Step into Christmas- Elton John because it’s ELTON JOHN and a Christmas song! That is all.
1. Driving Home For Christmas- Chris Rea. Driving Home For Christmas is my favourite Christmas song of all time. It is just such a feel good song. It also is so much more meaningful since I live away from home.
Let’s be honest I love all Christmas songs and this was really hard to narrow down. This year my house has been hitting festive season since November so I apologise to my neighbours which have heard these playing since the Start of November.
What is your favourite Christmas song?